We study the molecular networks inside cells that give rise to cell behaviour. We focus on the principles and general understanding of how those networks adapt in response to environmental and genetic changes. We combine mathematical modelling, theory, and experiments.
Examples of the type of research questions we ask are:
- How do networks rewire when cells are confronted with new conditions?
- How do networks and regulatory molecules integrate multiple signals?
- How does the inevitable stochasticity of molecular processes affect network behaviour?
- Can we characterise the optimal states of (metabolic) networks under different selective pressures?
- How do biochemical and physical constraints at the level of molecules constrain the evolution of molecular ne